The community of Doucetteville was served by Holy Cross Parish (Paroisse Sainte-Croix) in Plympton but eventually a church was built in Doucetteville; this church (Sacred Heart) became a mission of Holy Cross Parish. The Doucetteville cemetery is located on Doucetteville Road.
This mission church in Doucetteville (Sacred Heart) was completed the fall of 1915 and the first mass celebrated on January 1, 1916. The new cemetery, located right behind the church, was blessed and the large cross erected in the centre. The first person to be buried in the cemetery was Mark Amero (Amirault) who died in 1917 at the age of 94.