Building of Saint-Bernard Church

This was the first church built at Saint-Bernard, blessed in 1853 by Monseigneur Walsh, Archbishop of Halifax. This church served the OPC.No.3715.First church at St. Bernardparish until the blessing of the new church in 1942, at which point it was torn down. A commemorative monument and the cemetery remains.

Photo Source: Old Photos of Clare

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=730964440277633&set=gm.10152132809268393&type=1&theater

                                                                                                                                                                                          The second and current church at Saint-Bernard took OPC.No.3629. Construction St Bernard.1910-1925thirty years to build (1912 to 1942).

Photo Source:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=716485768385221&set=gm.10152020683343393&type=1&theater