Parish – St. Jean-Baptiste – Corberrie

St-Jean-Baptiste at Corberrie was always a mission, first of Saint-Bernard, then Weymouth, and until 1907, of Notre-Dame-du-Mont-Carmel Parish at Concession. This mission parish served Corberrie, Havelock, New Tusket and Richfield.

The cornerstone for the church was blessed by Père Jean-Mandé Sigogne on September 5th, 1837.  As of 2007, the church no longer holds services.

Saint-Jean-Baptiste Roman Catholic Church is located at the corner of Patrice Road and Route 340.

St-Jean-Baptiste.Corberrie

Surrounding the Saint-Jean-Baptiste mission church is a small cemetery.

 

{More information on the history of the church and Parish to follow}